Friday, October 22, 2010

October Wedding

Okay, so I know that I have totally not been a very good blogger lately, but that is because have been so busy with weddings!!!!! As Wedding Season comes to an end and things begin to slow down (kind of) I promise to get back on track.


One of my plans is to offer up a monthy inspiration board. Creating this board was quite a journey for me. I have two little girls so when I think of the month of October the first this that comes to mind is Halloween.

Halloween means, jack-o-lanterns:


But that is a bit too literal for me. So my jumping off point was this:

Just your traditional lantern, great but not really that inspiring. But I soon came across these:

I thought the warm orange glow from these Moroccan Lanterns would be a great, until I came across these:
I love the antique finish on these oil lamps.

So here is the finished product. I love the warmth of the oranges and the reds. I love the comfortable vintage feel it has and with these beautiful sunny October days we have been having, I think it would be a beautiful Mid-West Autumn wedding.

No comments: