Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monkey Party

So my baby turned two just a couple of weeks ago and, as some of you may remember reading, we planned a monkey themed birthday party inspired by the "Jungle" line of Gymboree clothing. We were blessed with a beautiful day and some great guests. As far as decorations go, this may have been one of my favorites. Many of the things were handmade and - without sounding too much like I am bragging - they turned out great. My favorite were these great paper flowers that I made. I followed the hand crafted flower garlands posted by Birthday Girl but decided to use scrapbook paper instead of a magazine.




Some other highlights included the ever popular birthday banner as well as a flag garland, monkey craft visors courtesy of Oriental Trading, and a Birthday Express pull string monkey pinata (the pull string is a much better idea than giving a two-year old a bat).




And, of course, my favorite - the birthday girl herself!




So, thanks for letting me brag a little bit about the birthday party and I promise to get back on track with wedding posts soon!

No comments: