Monday, August 3, 2009

The Wedding Cardigan

It makes me a little bit sad that I can't find a picture to show you what I will be talking about, but I will do my best to describe it anyway!

We have been blessed with some cooler weather here in South-West Ohio and it has started to get me excited for fall which is my favorite season for weddings. I was watching a "wedding television show" today and noticed that one of the brides was wearing a beautiful ivory cardigan over her strapless wedding gown. I loved the contrast of something as glamorous as a wedding gown covered by something as comforting (but still equally as beautiful) as a cardigan. Then, I received a J. Crew catalog in the mail today and in the J. Crew Weddings section, there was a bridesmaid wearing a cardigan!

It is a look I have seen on flower girls before as summer evenings turn chilly but I love that this look is turning up on the more mature members of the bridal party too!

No comments: