I saw this article in our local newspaper and thought to myself "what better shower favors than handmade soaps". Get it...shower favors/soap. Okay so I am a little bit of a dork, but still a good idea right? The easiest way would be to follow the "melt and pour" method listed below. Very easy but still gives you the opportunity to add your own personal touch through color and scent as well as finding a creative wrapping to match your color scheme.
- Buy pre-made blocks of unscented soap "base" from a craft store or supplier.
- Melt the base in a microwave oven or by using a double boiler
- Add fragrance, as well as color and additives if you wish
- Pour the soap into a mold and it's ready as soon as it hardens.
- Create your own packaging and labels, if you wish.
For complete instructions you may visit a variety of websites such as http://www.teachsoap.com/. Most soaps will cost anywhere from $0.90 to $2.00 per bar.
Photo Courtesy of Ginger Soaps