Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amazing Wedding Cakes


For those of you who are lucky enough to live in Southwestern Ohio, you know that we have been snowed in for the past few days. Today, I was lucky enough to spend the days at home with my two girls AND the We Network was airing a marathon of Amazing Wedding Cakes! Could a girl ask for anything more?

I found it during naptime but then kept the TV on while we all played downstairs. My three year old loved it and I now fear what she will be asking for come her birthday.

What I really enjoyed about the show was the creativity the cake artists showed and how their clients had enough faith in them to respect their vision and trust their judgement. I think it is a huge trend right now for brides to expect everything to be custom made for them and it is wonderful. I rememeber when I got married, my bakery handed me a book of pictures and told me to "pick one". The wedding cake is one of the biggest statement pieces of a wedding (aside from the dress and the invitations) and I love to see all of the different options available to brides today.

No comments: