Thursday, October 9, 2008

My First Blog

So, since things are finally starting to slow down I decided to use this time to perfect the art of blogging. Or, at least write some stuff down so that you can get to know me and my business a little better.

It was a whirlwind summer this year, starting with my sister's destination wedding on Bald Head Island


and ending with my daughter's 1st Birthday Party at Mary Nell's Windswept Farm.



Everything in-between is a little bit of a blurr but I hope to recap it for you over the next couple of weeks.

This past wedding season, I did have the opportunity to work with some really great couples who planned weddings in some beautiful locations, such as the brand new Savannah Center at Chapel Crossing (Amy and Darren's wedding was actually the first wedding every in their gazebo), the Columbus Museum of Art, and Cox Arboretum.


One of the things I love so much about this business is that you get to share in one of the most important days of a person's life. During the time that I work with a couple, I learn so much about them and it is fun to see those little details that make them unique incorporated into their day. Such as, Emily and Brendan whose favors were smoothies from Tropical Smoothie Cafe, accompanied by a little note describing how Emily and Brendan met in line at Tropical Smoothie when Brendan offered Emily one of his coupons.


Another one of the things I love is how much you can learn about a couple from the guests at their wedding. Sarah and Adam are a great couple and from the moment they entered their reception, they truly were the center of attention. Every one of their guests got out of their seats to watch Sarah and Adam cut the cake and then made a circle around them on the dance floor during their first dance. I don't think anybody even left the reception until after Adam and Sarah did. You could just tell that they surrounded themselves with friends and family who loved and supported them. I think it was at that reception that I learned how much the people you choose to have in your life reflect the kind of person you are.



I could go on and on forever but I won't. Have no fear, I will be back soon to fill you in on all the great details of weddings, past - present - and future!

No comments: